MUSCLE SHOALS…SMALL TOWN, BIG SOUNDUNITES GENERATIONS OF ICONS ON POWERHOUSE HOMAGE AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 28th
Pre-Order Available on 8/31/18
Steven Tyler, Chris Stapleton, Willie Nelson, Grace Potter, and More Reimagine Muscle Shoals Classics
A Portion of the Proceeds Benefit the GRAMMY® Foundation and Muscle Shoals Music Association and Foundation
NEW YORK, NY (August30, 2018) – Spotlighting the quietly influential and legendary sound of Muscle Shoals, Alabama, the new star-studded and definitive homage album—Muscle Shoals…Small Town, Big Sound—will be available at all digital retailers on September 28 via The Muscle Shoals Music Group/Dreamlined Entertainment/BMG. Pre-order available:http://smarturl.it/MuscleShoalsTribute.
This once-in-a-lifetime collection unites eras of GRAMMY®Award-winning, multiplatinum superstars on one album for the first time. Powerhouse performers such as Steven Tyler, Chris Stapleton, Grace Potter,and many others breathe new life into seminal classics by The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Etta James, and more originally birthed in Muscle Shoals throughout the fifties, sixties, and seventies. In order to re-cut these gems, most of the artists made the trek to FAME Studios in Muscle Shoals to record alongside homegrown musicians, channeling the “Muscle Shoals Sound.”
Introducing this blockbuster compilation, Tyler’s cover of “Brown Sugar” by The Rolling Stones, powered by rip-roaring guitar from Extreme shredder Nuno Bettencourt, is available for instant download with today’s pre-order.
Producer, publisher, and co-owner of FAME Studios Rodney Hall executive produced, and curated Muscle Shoals…Small Town, Big Soundalongside GRAMMY®, ACM, and CMA Award-winning producer and Dreamlined Entertainment Founder Keith Stegall. Rodney’s late father Rick Hall remains renowned as “The Father of the Muscle Shoals Sound,” and some of his final productions grace the record.
“The sound is one-of-a-kind,” explains Rodney Hall. “When younger artists hear all of the music that came out of here over the past five decades, they want to check it out. This album is special because it brings together artists that have been inspired by the magic of the Muscle Shoals Sound.”
“This record has been a full circle for me,” says Keith Stegall. “It’s the music I grew up on and that impassioned me to become a writer and a record producer and the music to which I owe my love and deepest respect.”
Dedicated to Rick Hall’s memory, a portion of the proceeds benefit the GRAMMY®Foundation as well as the Muscle Shoals Music Association and The Muscle Shoals Music Foundation—both are 501 (c)3s that promote the area’s musical history.
1. The Road Of Love - Keb’ Mo’
2. I’d Rather Go Blind - Grace Potter
3. Brown Sugar - Steven Tyler & Nuno Bettencourt
4. Gotta Serve Somebody - Jamey Johnson, Willie Nelson, Chris Stapleton & Lee Ann Womack
5. Steal Away - Eli “Paperboy” Reed
6. Snatching It Back - Kid Rock
7. I’ll Take You There - Aloe Blacc
8. Cry Like A Rainy Day - Michael McDonald
9. True Love - Vince Gill & Wendy Moten
10. Come And Go Blues - Alison Krauss
11. Respect Yourself - Mike Farris with The Blind Boys of Alabama
12. Wild Horses - Alan Jackson
13. Mustang Sally - Brently Stephen Smith of Shinedown
14. We’ve Got Tonight - Chord Overstreet
15. Giving It Up For Your Love - Tom Johnston & Delbert McClinton
16. I Ain’t Easy To Love - Candi Staton with Jason Isbell & John Paul White